Long Term Accommodation Plan 2020-2025
The Long Term Accommodation Plan (LTAP) was developed after a review of all of KPR’s elementary and secondary schools, including input from various stakeholders gathered through an online Thoughtexchange, to meet the board’s future accommodation needs.
The LTAP (2020-2025) is a planning document to help guide capital investment, program, and facility decisions that support the vision for the Board as set out in its strategic plan “Excellence in Learning, Life and Community”. Data such as school size, utilization, expected enrolment, physical condition, program options, demographic trends, municipal development plans and other factors, enable the Board to identify accommodation issues, plan and prioritize next steps in order to ensure board facilities are meeting the needs of our communities. The plan is updated annually.
The Long-Term Accommodation Plan provides the Board with information on:
- School buildings that are 20% over capacity;
- School buildings that are currently being used at less than 80% of their capacity;
- Issues regarding program viability for students;
- 10 year enrolment projections;
- The status of school buildings, including accessibility, physical condition and buildings where operations/maintenance costs exceed the norm;
- Indicators for future direction regarding new schools and/or additions, school consolidations/closures, boundary reviews/changes.